Saturday, August 6, 2011

Modest is hottest!



     On Monday I took Leandra and her friend Kristen shopping. We spent over 2 hours in the mall and they found some great buys. I am happy to say I wasn't even tempted to shop for myself ( might have something to do with still having leftover baby weight on). Anyway, the girls found these cute dresses, but they where too short and sleeveless. The girls talked about what to do all on their own and decided they could wear shirts under them and sew something on the bottom of the dress.
    The dresses where on sale from $49.95 to $9.95, we bought some trim at wal-mart for $2.50 each and a t-shirt for $4.00 our total was $16.45 each.
     Leandra and Kristen helped pin on the trim and I sewed it for them, they where very happy with the finished produced and decided that the dress looked better when we where done and now they have an original design. I was very proud of them for knowing what to do to be modest and finding a way to fix it. It's never to early to learn how to change a design to be modest. 

1 comment:

  1. They turned out so cute! What a nice mom you are to fix those up for them. The girls are cute too!

    ReplyDelete